It's done. One of the biggest changes SkyOS has ever seen are now finally completed.
The main changes from build 5550 to build 6110 include:
- Desktop composing. The entire GUI subsystem was rewritten to support desktop composing including flicker free drawing, double buffering, full alpha transparency, plugable composing effects, etc. Read more...
- New binary format ELF. PE support was completely dropped, all libraries, application, drivers and the kernel are now ELF binaries.
- Toolchain updates. Everything is now compiled with GCC 4.1.1 (ELF) and latest binutils. All standard and SkyGI header files have been updated for better C++ compatibility. Factory has been updated to build all recipes as ELF binaries
- libtool. Finally libtool is fully supported, making it very easy to compile libraries without changing any single line of code.
- New libc and libm.
- New versions of various applications and new recipes
- 280 bugs fixed
In other news: Lukas Linemayr was busy bringing support for the BeOS people files to SkyOS. Using People you can add/change people files and with the SkyOS query system (Video) you can search for all your contacts really quick now.
Build 6110 is scheduled for 16th, july 2006.